Denali Preparation/Winter Mountaineering Course Schedule and Prices
All Dates & Prices Subject to Approval by Mount Rainier National Park
February 8 – 15
February 22 – March 1
March 8 – 15 - 1 Spot Left
March 22 – 29
April 5 – 12 - Sold Out
April 19 – 26
May 3 – May 10
Other Denali Prep options during the summer months:
6-Day Course Dates & Prices
8-Day Course Dates & Prices
10-Day Course Dates & Prices
500.00 deposit, due with application
Balance due 90 days prior to departure.
Round Trip Transportation from Seattle to Mount Rainier
NPS Climbing Fee($43) and Park Entrance Fee
NPS Climbing Fee($30) if under age 24. (Reduced fee will be applied to final balance)
Guide Fees (4:1 climber-to-guide ratio)
Group Equipment such as ropes, snow and ice protection etc.
MSR Bottles and fuel
Cotton Alpine Ascents T-shirt
Costs Do Not Include
$25 Wire Transfer Fee (If Applicable)
Personal gear (see equipment list)
Meals on Course (see menu plan)
Meals while not climbing, including breakfast Day 1 and Dinner Day 8.
Transportation to/from Seattle, Washington
Hotels/lodging in Seattle.
(We have a preferred arrangement with and the Marqueen Hotel, 2 blocks from our office)
Transfers to/from Seattle office. 2 hotels within walking distance of our office.
All expenses incurred in the event of early departure ( evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
Trip cancellation insurance
Rainier Cancellation/Refund Policy
Note: Alpine Ascents International highly recommends trip cancellation insurance for all programs. Due to the nature and heavy costs of government and operator permits, Alpine Ascents International must adhere to a stringent refund policy.
- Deposits are due at time of registration to reserve space on the climb.
Please include with completed application form if you have not already submitted deposit by phone.
- Each deposit includes a $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- All balances are due 90 days prior to climb start date.
- Payments can be made by check, money order, wire transfer or credit card (VISA/MC/AMEX).
- Mount Rainier Program balances are automatically charged 90 days prior to departure date.
- $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds will be provided 90 days prior to climb start date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to climb start date.
- No refunds will be provided 59 days prior to climb start date.
- If Alpine Ascents cancels or reschedules a program, all fees are refundable and/or transferable.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
As there are many unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or leading up to the trip, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. In many situations, this may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services. In brief, Trip Cancellation insurance may allow you to get reimbursement if you need to cancel your expedition when you are not entitled to a refund from Alpine Ascents.
Alpine Ascents International offers a plan in conjunction with Travelex.
• If you are signing up online or over the phone our location number is #47-0553.
• For non-technical trips choose the Travel Select plan.
• For technical climbs choose the Travel Select Plan and select the Adventurer Plus Pak during your check out.
• There is a requirement that you sign up for your policy within 21 days of registering for your trip if you have a pre-existing condition.
• The Adventurer Plus Pak must be purchased within 21 days of your trip registration.
• Detailed policy information will be sent upon receipt of your completed application.