Private Kilimanjaro Trips with Alpine Ascents
From a recent private climber: "Excellent expedition, great leadership, thorough in every aspect. Outstanding guidance, great manner, reassuring and confidence building. Excellent ability to share knowledge of mountain and secrets to a successful summit. Very personable, very easy to get along with, and above all, very patient."
Over the last 20 years, Alpine Ascents has amassed a 90% success rate on Kilimanjaro using our guiding expertise on almost every route on the mountain. We personally oversee all of our guides, local operations and treat both our private and scheduled climbs with equal care.
Private vs. Scheduled Climbs
Our private guiding programs have grown rapidly over the past 5 years first and foremost based on our expertise as a mountain climbing company. We understand the training and effort each climber makes to take on this undertaking and appreciate the desire each climber brings to us.
- While all of our scheduled climbs (see scheduled climbs) are led by a Seattle-based, professional mountain guide, we are happy to arrange private climbs for your group with our esteemed, Alpine Ascents-trained African staff. Small groups may appreciate the pricing and personal contact available with our African guide staff while receiving the same food, logistics and care!
- Routes such as the Machame, Northern Circuit and Lemosho are examples of routes that may have individual appeal to private groups. We can also add extra days to standard routes especially for those interested in crater rim camps.
- We are also happy to send one of our Seattle-based professional mountain guides to lead your private climb.
Unlike other companies operating in Africa, we have the unique quality of being a high end travel company that specializes in mountaineering expeditions. We bring our many years of experience as one of the best climbing companies in the world to create your custom or private expedition.
Each season Alpine Ascents operates a number of private climbs for various reasons:
- Any individual or group. In the past we've designed Kilimanjaro climbs for family reunions, corporate events, fundraisers, large media productions, or simply celebrating a milestone birthday.
- Exact start date specified by your needs.
- Custom itinerary or specific trip additions.
- Needing special attention or a longer schedule to allow more time to acclimatize.
- A group wanting to climb with a specific guide or local guide.
- Different lodging, safari locations or visits with local families or tribes.
- Non-profit fundraising climbs: Fundraising & Outreach
Selecting your dates or itinerary:
- You and your group can pick the desired start date.
- We also can customize any of our scheduled day-by-day itineraries or create a complete custom itinerary.
Pricing and what in included on the trips:
We offer guiding, logistics, equipment, food and dining of the highest quality that our trips are renowned for worldwide.
Pricing is normally based on the number of people and the options desired for the trip. For smaller groups pricing can be similar and sometimes less expensive than regular expedition prices listed on the website. For larger groups, the price may be similar to our posted prices but the private option is an excellent way to ensure you are receiving a level of attention that is determined by your particular needs.
Each climb may be led by one of our lead African guides or one of our non-African guide staff members. The choice is yours. Some of our outstanding local guides have been leads with us for over 20 years and the name and bio will be shared with you, as opposed to some operators who simply hire a guide upon your arrival in Africa. Pricing will be based on guide selection.
How do you book a private?
Please contact If you would like information on the above please contact Gordon Janow or call our offices at 206.378.1927.
Sample Itinerary and Pricing:
Machame Route - Climb Only, Local Guide, 12 day itinerary
Price*: $3,800.00 USD per person based on team size
*The above prices should be used as a guide only. Real pricing will be based on group size and itinerary desires.